Mental Health Facilities in Austin TX
Austin Lakes Hospital offers inpatient psychiatric care for adults age 18 and up who are in need of 24-hour hospitalization. This inpatient treatment program offers crisis intervention, psychiatric and medication stabilization, in addition to grief work, coping skills, anxiety and depression education, cognitive therapy, spiritual care, stress management, problem-solving, communication, life transitions, and health education.
Our mental health hospital in Austin, TX, offers inpatient treatment for depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia and other mental health issues. Our personalized treatment and after-care plans address a broad range of needs, with specific consideration given to each patient. Comprehensive assessment and treatment may include individual and group therapy, as well as family education.
For those adults who require the highest level of nursing care/crisis intervention, Austin Lakes also provides a Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU).
Free Psychiatric Assessment
A licensed mental health professional will conduct a pre-admission screening. Please note that the diagnosis of need for inpatient admission in Texas can be determined only by a licensed physician. People can self-refer or their health care providers may recommend us for an assessment.
Inpatient Care Includes:
- One call to access services – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Free, on-site pre-assessments with appropriate referrals to community resources
- 24-hour nursing service
- Rapid stabilization and effective transitions to home and community
- Timely intake and admission process
- Medication management and education
- Each patient is assigned a psychiatrist and a master level clinician.
- Group therapy
- Family therapy, as clinically indicated
- Daily treatment planning meetings with a physician
- Patient psychoeducation groups
- Pet therapy
- Recreational therapy
- Multidisciplinary team approach
- Nutritional consultations and counseling/education
- Case management and discharge planning that actively engages the patient and family
Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU)
- Inpatient setting for patients requiring highest level of nursing care and crisis intervention
Senior Adult Program
- Only psychiatric facility in Austin providing inpatient crisis services to senior adults
- Includes diagnostics, stabilization and treatment of the complex senior adult-related issues
- Supportive care services are designed for individuals 55+ who are experiencing severe emotional, cognitive or behavioral symptoms
- Symptoms may include memory loss, mood disturbance, anxiety, difficulty coping with losses and transitions or behavioral symptoms
- May support individuals who have developed issues with substance and/or medication abuse
Medicare and other private insurers may provide reimbursement for our services. Austin Lakes Hospital is contracted for services with most major insurance companies. To speak with a financial counselor, please contact our admissions line at 512-544-LAKE (5253).